You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the new Ishimaru Design website !
New host, new version and more !
More details here

-------------------------------

Bienvenue sur le nouveau site d'Ishimaru Design !
Nouvel hébergement, nouvelle version et encore plus !
Plus de détails ici

#1 2009-10-16 13:41:35

K12Rider

Logo change

Hi guys

I downloaded the pro ubuntu style again for a new website at www.gbriders.com and I'm having difficulty changing the logo - I have replaced the logo.png with my own within the imageset and it seems to go back to the original. I'm using phpbb3.05 for this.

I'd also like to be able to make it bigger...not being too IT Literate, I could do with some help please.

Oh and I've been suing the pro ubuntu style on two other sites with great success for the past year or so - so thanks!

#2 2009-10-17 02:13:33

Ishimaru Chiaki
Geek cook

Re: Logo change

Hello.

I see the GB logo without any problem, and at the right size, so I suppose you edited the imageset.cfg file and refreshed the imageset pack.  Have you also cleared your browser cache ?

And by the way, you forgot a step : http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org/for … -vous.html

#3 2009-10-20 01:10:11

K12Rider

Thanks yes I did. Having one other issue, the edit button doesn't appear in my latest installation and topic email notifications don't seem to go out either...not sure why?

Btw is there anyway of making the logo bigger on the homepage?

My other two sites are www.knobblies.org and www.eurokclub.com

#4 2009-10-20 02:31:14

Ishimaru Chiaki
Geek cook

Thanks yes I did. Having one other issue, the edit button doesn't appear in my latest installation and topic email notifications don't seem to go out either...not sure why?

Do you use the English language pack that's shipped with phpBB3 ?  And where exactly did you download the style ?

Because I don't have this issue on my side, my test board (testuser + test00).  It has the default English language pack and the phpBB-fr's French language pack, and the pro_ubuntu style that's installed on it is the latest version for 3.0.5 and I have the edit button for both languages.

Btw is there anyway of making the logo bigger on the homepage?

My other two sites are www.knobblies.org and www.eurokclub.com

For both of them, you have to change the height and width values in styles/pro_ubuntu/imageset/imageset.cfg and you change this line :

img_site_logo = logo.png*90*216

First number is the height, and the second one is the width.

but for the first board (knobblies), the logo, full sized, is much too big, even for my 1280*1024 screen resolution.  Its full size is 1380px × 394px.  You'll need to shrink it with an image editor such as GIMP, so it won't squeeze everything in the board's header.

For the second board (euroklub), the full sizes are OK

But for both of them, if you make them full-sized, you'll have to remove that brown shape at the right side because it's cut off at the bottom.

#5 2009-10-20 10:14:53

K12Rider

Thanks, I downloaded from phpbbstyles.com I think and it showed it to be the 3.05 version. I didn't download any extra language packs, I assumed it was set to English.

I'll have a go at the logo resize now.

Last edited by K12Rider (2009-10-20 10:15:34)

#6 2009-10-20 11:09:58

K12Rider

Help! Just changed the size in styles/pro_ubuntu/imageset/imageset.cfg and the board has just gone down with teh following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/gpsbike1/public_html/eurokclub.com/cache/tpl_pro_ubuntu_overall_header.html.php on line 118

I purged the cache after changing the logo size and then this happened.

#7 2009-10-21 05:06:05

Ishimaru Chiaki
Geek cook

Thanks, I downloaded from phpbbstyles.com I think and it showed it to be the 3.05 version. I didn't download any extra language packs, I assumed it was set to English.

I'll have a go at the logo resize now.

The one in phpbb3styles is less up-to-date than the one that's available here.  I was considering about waiting until 3.0.6 is released before I update the style on phpbb3styles.

Help! Just changed the size in styles/pro_ubuntu/imageset/imageset.cfg and the board has just gone down with teh following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/gpsbike1/public_html/eurokclub.com/cache/tpl_pro_ubuntu_overall_header.html.php on line 118

I purged the cache after changing the logo size and then this happened.

Show me the whole code of your imageset.cfg file.

Board footer